Design Skills: Art Direction, Design Management, Branding, Advertising, Packaging, Video Editing, Hand Lettering, Murals, Typography, Presentations, Pitch Decks
Project Management: Asana,
Basecamp, Monday, Automating Workflows, Hiring, Interviewing, Financial Strategy, Business Planning, Career Development, Design Management
Software Skills: Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Premiere, After Effects, Fusion, Auto Desk, Key Shot
Circus Skills: Proficient in unicycling and juggling. Novice fire breather.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York
BFA - Package Design 2012
AAS - Communication Design 2009
GIR - Creative Director 2019-Present
• Storyteller, using art direction, design, and original concepts to instill heartfelt meaning into every deliverable.
• Art direct, design, and act as lead executor of brand expressions across all media, including packaging, print, ecommerce, advertising, film, interactive, OOH, events/experiential, etc.
• Manage, grow, and lead our creative team of in-house and freelance talent. Create a team and culture of thoughtful, highly productive, excellent designers.
• Work with the sales team, product team, and designers to establish market-leading, iconic brand presence.
Colossal Media - Senior Art Director 2018-2019
• Manage a growing team of in-house designers, freelancers, and project managers, to deliver work on-time, in-budget, and of elevated quality.
• Growing the video department’s profits by creating production processes and standards, revising price structure and strategy, hiring talent, consulting industry talent and strategists, keeping brand up to date on video trends.
• Improving workflow by streamlining and automating design processes, created brand guides, standards, templates, improving server use and file management, redesigning office space to allow for moments of impromptu collaboration.
• Creating OOH advertising campaigns and mural designs for large brands.
Assembly Brands (W&P Design) - Senior Designer 2016-2018
• Lead designer directing an in-house creative team to design and create assets for the marketing, web, & sales teams.
• Manage working relationships between creatives, and external teams
• Design client-facing pitch-decks, sales materials, prototypes, and renderings.
• Designed cookbooks and cocktail recipe books for Captain Morgan and Dovetail Press
• Branding and packaging for alcohol, spirits, CPG, and food & beverage brands.
• Lead company rebrand, developed new assets and standards for all teams.
• Outdoor and indoor large scale hand-lettered murals for clients such as Pret A Manger, Bareburger, Citizen App, and Contently.
• Custom hand-made apparel and backpacks for Chrome Industries.
• Teaching lettering online at Skillshare.
• Time Out New York magazine cover illustration and lettering.
REI Co-op - Package Designer 2015-2016
• Create pitch-decks, renderings, mockups and packaging for REI products
• Maintained a packaging library of over 2,000 skus.
• Audit and improve REI’s carbon footprint and suggested improvements to reduce waste in packaging and retail.
Kikkerland Design - Package Designer 2014 - 2015
• Package design for the worlds leading gift brand.
• Created graphics and illustration for web, mobile, and packaging
• Designed products, managed sampling, and quality control for packaging.